NATIONAL PRIVACY PRINCIPALS
The national privacy principals established by the privacy Act 1988 apply to Impact Personnel Australasia Pty Ltd.
Types of Personal Information Held
Personal information that we collect and hold usually falls into the following categories:
- Candidate information submitted and obtained from the candidate and other sources in connection with applications for work.
- Work performance information, reference check information
- Information about incidents in the workplace
- Staff information
- Information submitted and obtained in relation to absences from work due to leave, illness or other causes.
- Information obtained to assist in managing client and business relationships.
Purposes for which we hold Personal Information
We primarily hold personal information for the following:
- Placement operations
- Staff Management
- Client and Business relationship management
We may disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it is primarily held or a related secondary purpose
In some cases we may only disclose information with your consent
We may disclose your personal information where we are under a legal duty to do so, including circumstances where we are under a lawful duty of care to disclose information.
We contract out a number of services from time to time. Our contractors may see some of your personal information. Typically our contractors would include:
- IT contractors and database designers
- Partner or affiliated recruitment companies
Inquiries and Complaints
You can make further inquiries or complaints about our privacy policies to our Privacy Coordinator whose contact details are:
Ms Heidi Thomson
You can also make complaints to the office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in the National Privacy Principles, you can gain access to personal information that we hold about you.
We do refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy rights of other persons or of it breaches any confidentiality that attaches to that information.
If you wish to obtain access to your personal information you should contact our Privacy Coordinator as shown above. You will need to be in a position to verify yourself.
We might impose a moderate charge in providing access, Our Privacy Coordinator will discuss these with you.
You should also anticipate that it may take a little time to process your application for access as there may be a need to retrieve information from storage and review information in order to determine what information may be provided.